Sunday 28 November 2010

In Pictures.

Because each one is worth a thousand words? I love art, I love playing with ideas and creating fabulous aesthetics. Technically, I'm probably not actually very good at it! Here's a small selection of the amateur artist's gallery...

Carol Robertson - imitation is the highest form of flattery? I love the impact her dramatic shapes create on canvas, so I had a go.


Self portrait. This is a copy from a photo, picking out the darkest patches and finishing up with this black and white imprint, inspiration from all those stunning Hepburn prints in Ikea!


Words on a canvas. It's that word, 'impact' again. But it's true, I love thick free standing canvases. I use cheap ones, that I wouldn't paint anything of a larger scale on, but they're brilliant for a touch of individuality to the mantelpiece.


A broken mirror. The mirror was a really stunning art deco masterpiece actually covered in huge bulbous tulips. But anyway, it fell in the bath, so instead of replacing it (impossible, it was older than me and spectacularly trashy) it got its own.. tribute.


Hubcap girl. A splash of colour and, hopefully, that striking silhouette effect again. It started off as a sketch of a new romantic with unbeatable cheekbones. Not sure how this happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment